Sunday, October 6, 2013

Peaceful Honu times two!

Peaceful Honu is my newest pattern and she is a lovely turtle just peacefully cruising through the water. The first one I made was all batiks and I used a turtle print for the border. Then I decided that she would be really pretty made out of Oriental fabrics. I had never appliqued using Oriental fabrics before. You really need to have a very sharp thin needle in order to get through the gold and other finish put on them. Also I found that if you went into the fabric at a straighter angle the needle went through easier. I think that they both are lovely but give a different look to the little quilt. This small wall hanging measures 17" x 20" so it works up pretty fast even if you are doing it in hand applique, as I do. For those that fuse, go for it. Applique is applique is applique. One pattern works for any method of applique that you prefer to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment