Saturday, June 8, 2013

Quilting on the Beach 2014

This February I will be teaching two classes at Quilt Passions' Quilting on the Beach.  One will be my Hawaiian Applique class, from cutting to applique, and the other will be a foundation pieced mariner's compass that I call Sea Crystal. 
This is what it looks like before I start quilting on it.  The piece will be 30" square so you may get the mariner's compass all sewn in class.  In my method you do not sew through the paper so you don't have to remove it after piecing.  I will have this pattern available later in the summer and it will include a larger size quilt also. Quilt Passions will have the brochure for the retreat available in the next couple of months.  If you would like to receive a brochure email them, Robert@quiltpassions.net and they will send you one when they are ready.  National teachers that are coming this year are Ron Arpell and Nancy Lee Chong.  Others may be added before everything is finalized.  Stay tuned!!

No comments:

Post a Comment