Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tropically Orchid

The next in my Tropically series is done.  This one is Tropically orchid.  First I will show you a picture of the orchid that I was going for.  This was on a neighbors plant and it had very large gorgeous flowers on it.
Fabrics that matched the color did not seem to be in my stash so I tried lavender at first and ruled that out since it seemed want to look blue in a picture.  And I just didn't like it.  So then I found the following picture of a yellow orchid and said that is where I want to go.

The yellow that I used were not quite as brilliant as this picture shows but they make a lovely yellow cattylea orchid. 

There are now four Tropically done in this series.  You can combine them to make a variety of wall hangings.  Thery are all the same width.  Here is a computer generated example putting the four of them together.
Putting one square on and one long one together would look nice also.  Enjoy my touch of tropical spring.

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful.... you are soooo talented.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you-the wonderful flowers that I see around me do most of the work.

    ReplyDelete