Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Today in Hawaii

We have a group of wild turkeys who routinely go through the yard.  In this small group there are about seven hens and three males.  The males certainly are vying for position.  Here is a picture of two of them strutting their stuff.
 The next picture is one of the pineapples that we have growing this year.  Notice the purple flowers that come out of the eyes of the pineapple as it grows.  At this stage of grown the pineapple sort of looks like a thistle.  Look at the bottom of the picture, do you see the green gecko peeking out at me as I take the picture.

2 comments:

  1. How pretty! I've never seen a pineapple in this stage of growth.

    At my parents house in Kaneohe they have peacocks that come around all the time. I love seeing them strut around with their full display

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's an awesome shot of the turkeys.

    ReplyDelete