Friday, October 26, 2012

Amy's Creative Side Blogger's Fall Quilt Festival 2012



Amy's Creative SideWelcome and thank you to Amy for having her fall 2012 Blogger's Quilt Festival There are always beautiful quilts and stories to see and hear about. 
The quilt that I want to share is called Hope Blooms.  This quilt was made for an online quilt magazine in 2009.  They had asked if there was anyone that wanted to design a breast cancer awareness quilt.  Since I had many friends that had been touched by breast cancer I quickly replied that I would be glad to design a quilt.  The flower has the pink ribbon of hope as part of its design.  This quilt was sent off to be photographed for the online magazine and I just got it back at the end of September. Just in time for October and Breast Cancer Awareness Month.  When I opened the packaged I was so happy to see the pretty pink colors in this quilt and thought to myself that I had forgotten how pretty it was.  Ironically, the next week one of my nieces was diagnosed with breast cancer.  It just goes to show that there is a reason for everything.  Last Friday it was at Kona Hospital for their celebration of Hope.  Please everyone remember your friends that have been touched with breast cancer and go and have your mammogram.

4 comments:

  1. A beautiful quilt, Barbara! And you're right - there is a reason for everything. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beautiful! Such pretty colours!

      My mother is a 9yr survivor so this is meaningful to me.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely quilt and for such a good cause. Congrats on the magazine.

    Come see my repro tulip quilt in batiks with the same border as yours #46
    and #23 an antique zigzag quilt

    ReplyDelete