Thursday, October 27, 2011

Blogger's Quilt Festival Fall 2011


Amy'sCreativeSide

The fall 2011 Blogger's Quilt Festival put on by Amy's Creative Side starts , October 28, 2011.  This is a great opportunity to see what other quilters are up to.  Please take time to visit all the quilters and add your words of praise.

My quilt is one that I made for the birth of Etta who was born to Erin and Alex in Minnesota.  We watched Alex grow up and now they have a beautiful little girl to create their family.  When I asked what colors they wanted Erin came back with mustard yellow, soft green, blue, brown and orange.  This seemed like an interesting combination.  I found a great juvenile print with animals done in Hawaiian prints.  Being that Alex is often seen in a Hawaiian shirt I knew this was the perfect border fabric for my quilt.  The quilt really leans towards the boy side in colors but seeing that Alex came from a family of three boys I thought there was a good chance we would be seeing another little boy.  However I did put in a little pinkish orange that didn't shout pink to me.
I hope that you enjoy seeing this interlocking pinwheel pattern and I that Etta will make good use of it.  I really enjoyed making this interlocking pinwheel using my tear no more paper piecing method. 

20 comments:

  1. Very nice and intricate pattern. Lovely fabrics. I'm sure Etta will love it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colors and the pattern is intriguing. Was it difficult to plan the color placement?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful quilt...thanks for sharing....

    Best Wishes
    Kay in Scotland

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks cute for a little baby girl. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a dazzling quilt! The pattern is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is an amazing quilt!!It's mesmerising!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely pattern, colors and fabrics. Lucky little child to have this to cuddle in or play on. Thanks for sharing nad have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful use of colour. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a gorgeous quilt. What a wonderful gift for a baby. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the pattern and the way it works with the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. OH I like this. The colors work so well and it is fairly unisex to me.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful quilt. I love how the pinwheels spin into each other. And I'm curious what tear no more paper piecing is all about...I think I'm going to have to investigate your blog a bit more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. quelle profusion de couleurs pour ce superbe ouvrage,félicitations

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful quilt. The block pattern is so unusual! Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a beautiful and intricate design! The colors work very well together :-)

    ~ meagan

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's a very beautiful quilt! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a beautiful quilt...thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete