Friday, October 29, 2010

Lonestar Rose


LONESTAR ROSE is a quilt that I recently finished for my newest grandniece Nevaeh Kiana in honor of her birth.  I had never made a lonestar before and after reading a couple of books about the technique I was ready to start. Jan Krentz has a book that is really most helpful and well written.  The quilt went together quite easily, which did surprise me.  Taking your time and being precise is the key.   The colors that I chose, which I call bright baby, worked out very well in complimenting the wild rose pattern that I designed.  The top block of applique is the family block with roses or buds for each one in their family.  I hope that Nevaeh and her family can enjoy this quilt for many years to come.  For those of you who know about Inklingo, the lonestar is very Inklingo friendly.
The rose bud represents Nevaeh and the roses for her parents, Darrick and Carla.


21 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful! Love the pattern and the color choices. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh--that's just gorgeous!! The pinks and greens really sing, offset by the other colors, and I love the idea of having applique roses in the squares! I'll have to look back to see if you showcase those applique blocks b/c they look so pretty.
    Hazle

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that is beautiful. great job. are you sure it will get used or put on the wall?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilt is one of the most beautiful Lone Stars I've ever seen. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely heirloom baby quilt. It is so sweet and precious. Thanks for sharing your quilt's story :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt. I have heard people use the term eye candy, your quilt is just that a sweet treat for the eyes. Love Lois

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is one of those quilts that just makes one speechless. It is incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amazing, beautiful quilt.You have created a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great lone star -- very pretty!

    Angie - www.craftedAngles.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is truly a work of beauty! I love the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful quilt! I love the applique in the setting squares.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow for your first lonestar - you did a fabulous job - this quilt is stunning!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful work Barbara. The design is stunning and I love the colours you have chosen.
    What a wonderful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A stunning lonestar with gorgeous applique - the rainbow colors are so pretty and airy.. I am sure that it will be a quilt that will be treasured for many years to come..
    Thanks for sharing this treasure.
    Regards from a Western Canadian quilter,
    Anna

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is so beautiful. I love the appliqued roses and the colors of this quilt. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you to everyone who left such nice comments about my Lonestar Rose. I appreciate them all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. marvelous quilt! so beautiful and such a lovely gift for a little girl. thanks for sharing and have a great day

    ReplyDelete