Saturday, March 27, 2010

Saturday morning update

What a glorious morning here on the Big Island with a little chill in the air but the Kona coffee takes care of that.  Since it is late March the whales are starting to leave.  They say the golden plovers lead them back to Alaska and I still see many plovers still around.  It has been a great year for the whale watching with some of the fisherman saying that there have been more this year than they have ever seen.

As per usual in my world, progress on Under the Sea has stopped, with other projects pushing to the front.  While working at Quilt Passions lately I have had quilters looking for a pattern to showcase their Hawaiian themed fabrics.  So my mind just can't let those comments go by the way side.  I have the top ready for the borders and should start the quilting this weekend.  It will be called Memories, and can be used to showcase any beautiful fabrics or it would also be good for a memory quilt using photos transferred to fabric.  I will post a picture shortly of this quilt, since some of you may want to use it for making a graduation present.

Quilt Passions will be getting in their exclusive turtle fabric in two weeks.  I have designed a quilt to use with this fabric.  Maybe I can have some of the components done by the time the fabric arrives.  This quilt has yet to be named.  I told Karen, the owner of Quilt Passions that she could name it.  I would hate to publish a pattern that says "waiting for a name". 

Happy stitching!!

No comments:

Post a Comment