Sunday, February 28, 2010

Under the Sea update

This week the parrotfish has been added.  I am comfortable with hand applique and like how it looks so I have used the back baste method of applique to put on both the manta ray and the parrotfish. But for those who like to fuse these patterns will work very well. I really believe we all have to find our comfort level in our craft and go for it.  Learn many methods and then use the ones that you are comfortable with.  The parrotfish looks cartoonish but really they are very colorful and there is one out in the ocean that has the same coloration as this one, maybe just a little more turquoise in nature.  Now I will put on the yellow tang before putting in all the coral and sand.  So far I am liking how this is turning out.

Yesterday we had a tsunami warning that thankfully did not get as big as was predicted.  It was good to see the evacuation of the areas close to the water worked very well.  The sirens went off at 6am and I thought tornado, having grown up in Minnesota this was an ingrained response.  Then I quickly thought tsunami and turned on the tv.  What we did get was very interesting to watch and the fastness of the water moving in and out really gets your attention. It is easy to see why a large tsunami would cause so much destruction. 

Happy stitching to all, Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment