Sunday, February 21, 2010

Under the Sea quilt-a work in progress

This is the beginning of my Under the Sea-With Me quilt combining together the three patterns in the series.  I did not want a solid background but something that added movement to the piece.  At first I was thinking of using twelve inch storm at sea blocks using blues all in the same tone, with different textures to them.  After making one I decided that was not for me.  Adding three waves of similar tones of blue fabric onto my primary background seems to fill the bill for my idea of water movement.   In the photo the manta ray is all appliqued and the sea weed is just laying on the fabric.  Right now I have the sea weed attached and will be starting to add the parrotfish.  I will post a picture when that is done.

Happy stitching to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment