Friday, November 13, 2009

Ovarian Cancer

November 11th was a beautiful day and a very clear starlit night but it also became a sad day as the world lost a courageous person.  Penny Van Beek who asked me to make a quilt for Minnesota Ovarian Cancer a few years ago has passed away.  The quilt Blooming Hope that is shown in an earlier post is the quilt that we came up with for their raffle.  Recently, as I was working on a new pattern I needed a name for it.  My patchwork quilt Penny Cove was also named after her as a way to send hugs across the ocean.  My cousin Arlette Carlson also was battling this cancer at the same time as Penny and she also lost her life recently.  This cancer is often found too late to treat successful but with research we are slowly making progress.  May we all continue to support research to help in the treatments so that the suffering that goes on with this disease can be lessened.

No comments:

Post a Comment