Sunday, October 11, 2009

Check twice, sew once!!!

Check twice, sew once is a great practice.  But somewhere in sewing up what is suppose to be the cover quilt for my newest pattern the blocks got moved around.  When was this error discovered you ask?  Well, while I was quilting I noticed that I had two four patches on opposite sides that had the lighter green fabric where the darker green was suppose to be.  Okay, I say that doesn't bother me too much because it is still balanced and I go on quilting.  The sleeve and binding go on and I put it down on the floor to look at it and low and behold I see that I have some more pieces out of place.  Now this is just too much for pattern cover.  What I did was changed up four twelve inch blocks.  I must not have liked how some of the large triangles looked next to each other and moved the blocks not looking at the greens.  Now, I have to ponder how to save this quilt and make it pattern cover worthy.  Stay tuned.  Making mistakes like this I think improves my instructions.  At least I hope so, because I feel I have already made the mistake and if I had done it the way I will write the pattern it would not have happened.  Sure, like I always follow a pattern exactly. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment