Friday, October 9, 2009

Blooming Hope for ovarian cancer



I am taking part in the Blogger's Quilt Festival.  Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you enjoy looking through many of the quilts that are included in all the blogs.

















This quilt is Blooming Hope and I made it as a raffle quilt for the Minnesota Ovarian Cancer Alliance.  Having a cousin and a friend who both were courageously fighting this disease there was a lot hope and hugs put into the quilt.  There are five doves pieced into the quilt, four that are very neutral and blend into the quilt representing those that have passed on and the colorful one in the sky is the survivor. With research we hope that there will be more of the colorful doves in the future.

16 comments:

  1. What a loving tribute to the hope for a cure. May many colorful doves be added soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, how moving. I lost two very special friends a year apart. Thank you for supporting the research.

    Kay Mackenzie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning!!! I love the meaning behind the quilt and let's hope there are more colorful doves. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say thank you on the behalf of a beautiful woman from Egypt and her daughters that I met in an oncology waiting room in SF, CA...I say thank you as I think of a friend who is going to proctively have her ovaries removed...I say thank you from a 22 year old who just met up with some trouble from her ovaries. I say thank you.

    Now as for your quilting...your artistry... all I can say is WOW! As the sun sets over the Pacific tonight I will wave to you and imagine you filling a quilted sky with bright birds... and I believe the invisible cloud of witnesses sing thank you too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for the kind comments from all of you. This is the sort of payment we all so cherish for our work and as you give out the warm vibes while viewing this quilt of hope it as if you are giving hugs to those living with ovarian cancer around the world. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful quilt! To all the doves in your quilt this should bring hope to many more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very beautiful quilt .greeting

    ReplyDelete
  8. just one word - lovely!
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful! - the look and its meaning

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful...story, quilt, your support. Thank you for sharing AND caring!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful quilt and so meaningful. The quilt I entered in the quilt festival is an ovarian cancer awareness quilt I made for my Mom who is fighting a recurrence of ovarian cancer right now. To say the least, I hate ovarian cancer.

    ReplyDelete